Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bitcoin is still early

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • and like gold, a system like btc can never be replicated, which ensures its future value. can’t lose.
    “. . . And the LORD spake, saying “First shalt thou take out the Holy 401k. Then shalt thou save to 20%, no more, no less. 20% shall be the number thou shalt save, and the number of the saving shall be 20%. 25% shalt thou not save, neither save thou 15%, excepting that thou then proceed to 20%. 30% is right out . . .””

    Comment


    • Originally posted by blippi View Post
      and like gold, a system like btc can never be replicated, which ensures its future value. can’t lose.
      i'm not sure if you're serious or not but i'll pretend you are

      i wouldn't go that far. whether or not something can be replicated, anything could be displaced. some argue that gold is currently being displaced by bitcoin. ancient forms of money were displaced by gold. of course bitcoin could be displaced. it hasn't even "won" yet. adoption is still overall very low.

      at the moment all bitcoin really has to do is not fail. which basically means, keep functioning, keep validating blocks, don't get hacked, and don't change. that happens and it's not going sideways forever. it goes to zero or it goes up (long term).

      in my opinion, it's reasonable to take both sides of that bet

      Comment


      • Originally posted by jacoavlu View Post
        anyone have any actual bitcoin questions? like "i read this or heard this, but I don't understand X"?
        Whenever I see activity on this thread, the first thing I do is check the price of BTC...wondering if it is $1M or $1 USD.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by G View Post

          Whenever I see activity on this thread, the first thing I do is check the price of BTC...wondering if it is $1M or $1 USD.
          I'm not sure which one would get more posts, to be honest.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by G View Post

            Whenever I see activity on this thread, the first thing I do is check the price of BTC...wondering if it is $1M or $1 USD.

            Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

            I'm not sure which one would get more posts, to be honest.
            either of you guys have an actual question

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jacoavlu View Post




              either of you guys have an actual question
              Nope!

              Comment


              • 98% noise 2% signal

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jacoavlu View Post




                  either of you guys have an actual question
                  At what valuation in USD would you sell 50% of your holdings? Say in the next two years.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by SpacemanSpiff12 View Post

                    At what valuation in USD would you sell 50% of your holdings? Say in the next two years.
                    not sure never really thought about it. would be north of 500k

                    Comment


                    • i'm mild-moderately interested in having some bitcoin as a small percentage of my portfolio as i've found the arguments put forth in this thread mildly compelling.

                      however the lack of reputable brokers or marketplaces or perceived confusion on my part about how to actually purchase and keep bitcoin is my main hurdle.

                      like if fidelity or vanguard allowed me to buy a portion of a bitcoin then i'd buy it and be done with it.

                      this bitcoin stuff is somewhat interesting to me but not to the point where i want to put a lot of hours into researching it and navigating unfamiliar marketplaces and brokers to buy a bitcoin.

                      Comment


                      • That’s like me. I just want some exposure without all the perceived complexities.

                        Easiest I found is to create a Coinbase pro account and buy btc that way. I then transferred it to voyager as it’s the highest paying interest on btc.

                        It can definitely be hacked or stolen or whatever but more often than not, it’s by falling for some scam by entering your password/credentials somewhere (please correct me if I’m wrong).

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by pitt1166 View Post
                          i'm mild-moderately interested in having some bitcoin as a small percentage of my portfolio as i've found the arguments put forth in this thread mildly compelling.

                          however the lack of reputable brokers or marketplaces or perceived confusion on my part about how to actually purchase and keep bitcoin is my main hurdle.

                          like if fidelity or vanguard allowed me to buy a portion of a bitcoin then i'd buy it and be done with it.

                          this bitcoin stuff is somewhat interesting to me but not to the point where i want to put a lot of hours into researching it and navigating unfamiliar marketplaces and brokers to buy a bitcoin.
                          i guess “reputable” is subjective. there are certainly plenty of exchanges that have been in business for quite a while and have a good reputations. it’s an unregulated industry

                          fidelity actually does have a digital assets business but they only deal with institutions, and possibly ultra high net worth folks

                          youll probably see some integration with banks / more tradfi institutions in the coming years, and new digital asset native banks

                          i guess you can wait for that if you want.

                          from what you’ve said, i would check out Swan and Unchained Capital. they’ll hold your hand.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by jacoavlu View Post

                            not sure never really thought about it. would be north of 500k
                            And buy what?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Nysoz View Post
                              That’s like me. I just want some exposure without all the perceived complexities.

                              Easiest I found is to create a Coinbase pro account and buy btc that way. I then transferred it to voyager as it’s the highest paying interest on btc.

                              It can definitely be hacked or stolen or whatever but more often than not, it’s by falling for some scam by entering your password/credentials somewhere (please correct me if I’m wrong).
                              you can also just buy gbtc or the etf but that’s really suboptimal.

                              yeah most lost btc nowadays is people making mistakes, not from hacks on custodial platforms

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

                                And buy what?
                                exactly

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X