No announcement yet.

Investing in Art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just love meaningless empty corporate jargon.
    We aim at providing a very comprehensive service that brings both liquidity and transparency and facilitates access to the benefits of art in a responsible and sustainable way.

Comment

This is actually a good idea.

Risky (hey, startup). But it can probably get some funding with Angels.

Sure can dominate their niche market if executed.
      Click to expand…

A good idea for the entrepreneur who owns this? Or for the investor? There is a huge difference of course.

My guess is with some slick marketing, it could end up being very good for the owner, but I have my doubts about how it will work out for the investors.

Mostly for the entrepreneur. Angel investing blows. Average is not that great, but you never know what is the next Uber/LC etc - I would have loved to be in their earlier rounds.

When LendingClub came on scene people laughed. Its on the stock market now. You never know. To my knowledge there isn't a "liquid" or accessible to the masses. The concept of "crowdfunding" isn't new, but application to different sectors is. This is in art. Not tough to believe this may work.

You will have to trust if these guys can execute. Reservations there possibly. The idea makes sense to me. I would have to see their plan of execution and market details.

Comment

Wish them the best, although I worry already about their branding.  Perhaps "feral horses" means something in the UK.  In the American West, mustangs are great, but they don't cause a notion of "good investment" to resonate in my mind.  (Although I do associate "shell cordovan" with "expensive", it also makes me think "slaughterhouse" which might be a fantastic name for this business....)

My art investments are either on the wall or rotating out of the safe.  I'll never be able to afford a Rembrandt, Picasso nor Pollock.  I suspect neither will Feral Horses.

Comment

Did you see the photoes of the four esteemed art founders on their web site? If you click on the screen around each of their four pictures it shows a picture of each of them that looks like they're passing gas or having a valsalva maneuver. I've never seen any business website that showed the four founders passing flatus before. Maybe that ties in with their business name "feral horses." Perhaps you both should take a gas mask WCI and Vagabond MD, or at least carry a can of air freshener with you for your on site visit!

Comment

Did you see the photoes of the four esteemed art founders on their web site? If you click on the screen around each of their four pictures it shows a picture of each of them that looks like they’re passing gas or having a valsalva maneuver. I’ve never seen any business website that showed the four founders passing flatus before. Maybe that ties in with their business name “feral horses.” Perhaps you both should take a gas mask WCI and Vagabond MD, or at least carry a can of air freshener with you for your on site visit!

Stop it, whippersnapper!  :lol:

Comment

Thanks visoriano, I forgot about the whippersnapper! I hope WCI and Vagabond can negotiate a free UK trip out of the feral horse whippersnappers. I would enjoy reading a post on their fact finding mission.

Comment

Discount Johnny Depp really bothered me, I just dont see him being a good steward of capital. They look like they have expensive tastes and think highly of themselves, no thanks.

Comment

Okay, let’s try it.

If you're at all serious about going to the UK to check this out, you probably want to delete this thread. I don't think "Discount Johnny" and his mates are going to be particularly pleased when they look to see where their traffic is coming from, and read the responses.

Personally, I think the guy on the right looks more like Pedro from Napolean Dynamite.

Comment

Okay, let’s try it. 
                    Click to expand…

If you’re at all serious about going to the UK to check this out, you probably want to delete this thread. I don’t think “Discount Johnny” and his mates are going to be particularly pleased when they look to see where their traffic is coming from, and read the responses.

Personally, I think the guy on the right looks more like Pedro from Napolean Dynamite.

I was actually thinking the exact same thing!  The sooner the better for deleting...definitely before the sun rises in London.

I doubt anybody would mind being censored for a good cause.  That said, I suspect they've spent available money on clothes and beard grooming supplies, but who knows?

Vote for Pedro!

Comment

Okay, let’s try it. 
                      Click to expand…

If you’re at all serious about going to the UK to check this out, you probably want to delete this thread. I don’t think “Discount Johnny” and his mates are going to be particularly pleased when they look to see where their traffic is coming from, and read the responses.

Theres a reason for the discount.

Comment

Best part

"How do you prevent the artworks from being stolen?

Feral Horses has worked hard to develop a “secret weapon” to protect its artworks against thieves and forgers. For security reasons, Feral Horses cannot explain nor disclose the processes in place. But, by having this point in our FAQs we want to let you know that we have carefully considered this potential issue and that the risks will be mitigated."

Spooky

Comment

This is fantastic.

Don't judge a thread by it's title. That said, I'd not have expected this conversation had the thread been self titled as "feral horses" either.

Humor aside, I can see real value from participating from such a trip. The world needs both boring business ideas (someone has to make paperclips) and those that break the mold a bit - especially the open new markets, or expand access to existing ones.

Comment

This would definitely make an intriguing pro/con post or a fun travelogue. I look forward to reading more about this feral alternative investment.

Comment

Hi guys, ************************ I love the forums. The discount JD honestly made me laugh but it's not the first time I hear about it tho. The Pedro bit was way more creative: touche.

Sorry to say that we have no budget for tickets to the UK, nor that we will operate in the US straight at launch, our marketing dep must have emailed the wrong blog, it happens

Still I found a lot of food for thoughts in your comments, and I thank you for that. I decided to get involved because I believe that we can get some brutal feedbacks here and boy we need them. So here I am you can ask whatever you want, I'll do my best to get back with something that makes sense.

Comment

Hi guys, ************************ I love the forums. The discount JD honestly made me laugh but it’s not the first time I hear about it tho. The Pedro bit was way more creative: touche.

Sorry to say that we have no budget for tickets to the UK, nor that we will operate in the US straight at launch, our marketing dep must have emailed the wrong blog, it happens ?

Still I found a lot of food for thoughts in your comments, and I thank you for that. I decided to get involved because I believe that we can get some brutal feedbacks here and boy we need them. So here I am you can ask whatever you want, I’ll do my best to get back with something that makes sense.

Awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X