Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is this article on alternative investing OK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this article on alternative investing OK?

Just read an article on alternative investing: https://themoneymix.com/alternative-investments/. would appreciate if people who are more knowledgeable can comment on it. txs!!

The first example he provides is 'investing' in fine wine - really?? Does that sound like a common sense good investment?

Some of the other options (mainly the Real Estate crowdfunds) have been mentioned around here, so I suppose there's some agreement that they can be reasonable if really interested.

My personal thoughts on these options are - we've already won the game with an extraordinarily healthy income (which is essentially everyone on this board) - what really is the need to take on more risk? That doesn't mean you shouldn't do it if you want, but I just don't see the point of the added complexity and risk.

Comment

The article is so-so, rather limited examples and does not talk about downsides or realistic gains. But you are not asking the right question.

Comment

"Good investments don't need to be sold." I believe in this. Evidence & past performance makes me want to buy widely diversified passive index funds. No one is peddling them to me.

I'm weird though. Amazon/Apple/Microsoft in their beginnings would have been "alternative". I would have missed those.
        "Oh look another bajillion point declin-Ooooh!!! A coupon for pizza!!!!" <--- This is what everyone's IPS should be. ✓✓✓

Comment

I could never invest in something I could drink. I would never come out ahead.

Comment

Working...
          X