Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Checking in, how are you and your asset allocation holding up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking in, how are you and your asset allocation holding up?

Today looks like it is shaping up to be a blood on the streets kind of day in the market. How are your financial vital signs holding up? Any tachycardia? Tachypnea? Dyspnea? Diaphoresis? Is this SIRS? A panic attack? STEMI? Maybe get an EKG to start....

Are you buying? Selling? Staying the course?

Personally, I made a change in my investment plan and asset allocation 2 weeks ago, due to the fact that I am, at least theoretically, close to retirement. And now I am sitting back, observing as this plays out, and staying the course. I also made a plan to do nothing further for the next 3 months, and then to adjust my investment plan going forward.

Best wishes to everyone. Stay calm. As my dear grandmother used to say, "This too shall pass."

Psychologically I’m doing fine. I see my asset allocation has started to drift especially as I’ve sold off stocks to tax loss harvest (though I haven’t really sold that much yet).

i was planning on shifting some of my REITs into a hard money loan fund before this all started. I think I still will in the next two weeks.

Comment

Is something happening in the market?

Comment

VSS. I did sell some yesterday but only in the context to tax loss harvest. I'm still buying at my typical times.

Comment

Sold to TLH, otherwise no change.

Comment

It looks like a correction. But if it is “blood in the streets” it will be a great buying opportunity. My AA has drifted and I would like to get back to 70:30 from 65:35.

Comment

I had $1500 sitting in my settlement fund which I used to buy vtsax a couple days ago

Comment

I have done nothing.
                My AA is still : 7% cash, 92% real estate, 1% stocks.

I am waiting for wholesale liquidation before deploying any cash and I don’t feel tempted to here.

I feel comfortable with my asset mix. I would be ok if things bounce and go into a bubble mode and increase 80% over the next 2 years, or if they declined another 50% in that period, and everything in between.

Comment

25000? Yawn. When the Dow is at 18K and the grocery store has empty shelves, that’s a different story.

Comment

I am going to buy some hand sanitiser tomorrow though because patients are getting a bit funny that I haven’t got a bottle in my room.

Comment

We bought clorox wipes and extra hand sanitizer for home several weeks ago.

The only change I made this week is exchanging the elbow bump for handshakes. It feels weird when someone extends their hand to shake, not to reciprocate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dont_know_mind View Post
                        I am going to buy some hand sanitiser tomorrow though because patients are getting a bit funny that I haven’t got a bottle in my room.
                        I usually find that if I spit into my hand and then rub it around that seems to quell their fears.

Comment

I plan to buy some hand sanitizer today at target. I also plan to start looking for some tax loss harvests. I already did a Roth conversion. I have not checked to see how this has affected my AA. Basically staying the course. I am trying to remain optimistic.

Comment

CDC warns men with beards amid coronavirus scare

https://m.sfgate.com/science/article...e-15086686.php

Comment

So are all you guys with beards shaving them off?

Comment

Working...
                              X