Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form 5498-SA HSA Bank

Hello,

I went on the HSA Bank website today. It says that Form 5498-SA won't be available until May 2017. Given that this is after the personal tax filing deadline, how (if at all), does this affect the way I file my taxes?

Thanks!

Per turbo tax:

"Form 5498-SA is a statement of contributions. In your case of employment contribution, the amount shown on 5498-SA should have already been on your W2 so there's no need to enter it anywhere else. The 5498-SA is for your information only; you don't actually enter it directly."

"You are not required to enter F5498-SA. It's sent to you for information only. The IRS uses this information to keep a record of your account activity."

Just a form for IRS snooping. So if the government turns against HSAs they know how much you have in it. And make sure you stay under the limits created.

Comment

Hello,

I went on the HSA Bank website today. It says that Form 5498-SA won’t be available until May 2017. Given that this is after the personal tax filing deadline, how (if at all), does this affect the way I file my taxes?

Thanks!

This is typical, same as for IRS Form 5498 reporting your IRA transactions each year. What you need for filing your return is 1099-SA
      Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Working...
      X