Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tesla shorts with barely a tattered thong left....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StateOfMyHead
    replied
    My motivation to purchase an individual stock includes my opinion and trust of the organization's leader. Musk's presentation doesn't make me comfortable. No doubt he's creative and certainly forward thinking but IDK there is just something that Jobs had that Musk is lacking with regard to my gut's comfort level. Hopefully this is the next Apple and good luck to those of you on the wild ride!

Leave a comment:

• Peds
    replied
    Guys there's already a tesla investment thread.

Leave a comment:

• Hatton
    replied
    I rather feel like that with Apple stock that I bought in 2008. I thought this type of rally (100% gain in 12 months) died with the .com implosion. I divested all individual stocks except this one a few years ago. Next car may be a Tesla.

Leave a comment:

• Molar Mechanic
    replied
    Back in June the stock crashed by nearly 50% based on no news and no real changes with the company. The disconnect between the narrative the bears were pushing and the experience of actual owners became too great to ignore.

I bought 50 shares at $194. It could have gone to zero, or it could become the next Apple. I suspect the second answer is correct. We'll see what happens, and it's such a trivial percentage of what I own that it only matters for funsies, but it's been a fun ride. I suspect it'll fall a bit before it goes higher since the valuation is pretty hard to justify for now.

I do feel bad for people who fell for the artfully crafted, but painfully exaggerated and often fictional reports about the company. It's been a great lesson in why I won't ever be a "trader". The market is too easily manipulated by too many unknown parties, especially in the short term.

Leave a comment:

• Tesla shorts with barely a tattered thong left....

I rarely violate my rule against purchasing individual stocks. However, back in 2009 I was intrigued by Musk’s latest venture and his vision for a new type of transportation. So I plunked down 5k to reserve a Model S, which took years to be delivered on a flat bed truck to my driveway. I also bought Tesla stock.

And what a ride it has been. The acceleration of that Model S was scary. Talk about unintended acceleration. I would touch the accelerator pedal in my new Model S and it would instantaneously launch. I felt like I might launch right into the car in front of me if I wasn’t careful.

And lately the stock is likewise experiencing unintended acceleration... $640 a share today. With this type of unintended acceleration, those shorts are going to have to do a lot more beyond notifying the NTSA.
Working...
X