Looking for Fee-Only Financial Advisor for Federally Employed Physicians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Fee-Only Financial Advisor for Federally Employed Physicians

Both of us are Federal Employee physicians but trying to plan a retirement strategy with one about 5 years ahead of the other.  There are so many nuances to leaving the Feds and not getting screwed - especially if you aren't taking the traditional 25 or 30 years in and already age 62.

Anyone have any experiences or suggestions for a planner that can give us the goods?

How about Johanna Fox Turner.  She is a moderator here.

Comment

WCI has a list that he recommends, but considering her wealth of knowledge contributed to this board I second Hatton's suggestion, https://www.whitecoatinvestor.com/forums/users/jfoxcpacfp/

Comment

Both of us are Federal Employee physicians but trying to plan a retirement strategy with one about 5 years ahead of the other.  There are so many nuances to leaving the Feds and not getting screwed – especially if you aren’t taking the traditional 25 or 30 years in and already age 62.

Anyone have any experiences or suggestions for a planner that can give us the goods?

I don't get what you're talking about - how are you getting screwed?

Comment

I really appreciate you guys.
          Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Be careful about the deferred annuity instead of the immediate annuity when you leave federal service.  Federal Employee Health Benefits (FEHB) coverage is a huge, huge part of federal retiree compensation.

I'd be extremely cautious if both of you are thinking about retiring prior to at least one of you hitting age 56 / 57 with at least 10 years of service and five years of continuous FEHB coverage immediately before retirement.

Other than that, looks out for life insurance salesmen posing as "financial advisors" who try to sell you a whole life policy as part of a pension maximiziation (or pension max) scheme.

There definitely are some nuances for federal retirees, but an alarmingly high percent of the people who hold themselves out as specializing in federal employees seem to be high fee or predatory.  For some odd reason, the ones targeting federal law enforcement seem worse than average.

Comment

Working...
            X