What makes us different

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes us different

At Fox & Company CPAs, we take pride in being the atypical advisory firm. I don't mind getting my hands dirty. For example, just now I cleaned up dog vomit from the hall outside my office. A lot of it. How many other financial planners can say that? Not many, I bet.

(With a warm shout-out to my husband for feeding Beau green vegetables and something yellow while I was at the FPA conference in Nashville. And the germ-X on my desk.)
    Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Well done. BTW, do you happen to know how I might recover an AOL email address (even though I have not had one for at least 15 years)?

Comment

Well done. BTW, do you happen to know how I might recover an AOL email address (even though I have not had one for at least 15 years)?

Lol, must apologize, just deleted all and blocked the "dentist". You'll have to find another resource.
      Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

What is your experience with getting skunk smell out of a German Shepard?  After a half-dozen baths she still has the lingering odor.  I may need references! 

Comment

What is your experience with getting skunk smell out of a German Shepard?  After a half-dozen baths she still has the lingering odor.  I may need references!

Coincidentally, I almost ran over a skunk on the way to the office this morning. Beau was in the back seat because he's recovering from a torn ACL or he would have been running with me and gotten skunked. He was sprayed once when he was a puppy and I just had to let it wear off. It was a very light dose but on his head, so he was pretty miserable. I didn't try any of the remedies because I've always heard they don't work and it wasn't too bad except when he got wet.

This looks like it might be effective. Follow the directions and let me know if it works, as I imagine I'll need it at some point (we live on a kind of farm). I'm drawn to this recipe because the vet admits the tomato juice remedy doesn't work.

Comment

Click to expand…

Coincidentally, I almost ran over a skunk on the way to the office this morning. Beau was in the back seat because he’s recovering from a torn ACL or he would have been running with me and gotten skunked. He was sprayed once when he was a puppy and I just had to let it wear off. It was a very light dose but on his head, so he was pretty miserable. I didn’t try any of the remedies because I’ve always heard they don’t work and it wasn’t too bad except when he got wet.

This looks like it might be effective. Follow the directions and let me know if it works, as I imagine I’ll need it at some point (we live on a kind of farm). I’m drawn to this recipe because the vet admits the tomato juice remedy doesn’t work.

Half of her baths have been the home remedy, which helps but it is not gone completely.  We also tried a product from the local pet store, which seems to have taken more of the stink off of her.  I think the commercial product did more than I can tell because after her first bath with that product she was much more active.

Comment

What is your experience with getting skunk smell out of a German Shepard?  After a half-dozen baths she still has the lingering odor.  I may need references! ????

My dog got destroyed in the face a few years ago. and then ran through the house and wiped her nose on everything.The remedy of baking soda, h202, and a little bit of dish soap works miracles for bathing your doggo and also cleaning materials that smell.

it was even confirmed on MythBusters.

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/mythbusters-database/skunk-smell/

Comment

At Fox & Company CPAs, we take pride in being the atypical advisory firm. I don’t mind getting my hands dirty. For example, just now I cleaned up dog vomit from the hall outside my office. A lot of it. How many other financial planners can say that? Not many, I bet.

(With a warm shout-out to my husband for feeding Beau green vegetables and something yellow while I was at the FPA conference in Nashville. And the germ-X on my desk.)

That'll learn Beau not to eat vegetables  .  Stick to being a carnivore!

Comment

Fox Wealth Management and Vomit Cleaning...home of J. Fox-Turner, CPA, CFP, CVC.

Comment

DMFA wrote:Fox Wealth Management and Vomit Cleaning…home of J. Fox-Turner, CPA, CFP, CVC.

Certified Vomit Cleaner? Ugh. I am regretting my frivolity.

Comment

If Beau has a torn ACL it is expensive to fix.  TPLOs in dogs cost $3200/knee.

Comment

If Beau has a torn ACL it is expensive to fix.  TPLOs in dogs cost $3200/knee.

Acccck. The vet said it was partially torn and ordered rest and anti-inflammatory meds for 2 weeks. He had a particularly hopeful run at some deer that morning on the way to work and turned up limping. Vet said surgery was next but didn't price it out. Fortunately, he is walking pretty normally now and even running a bit so I have hope that we won't have to go that route.

You know, when I was growing up (same era as you), I think the only dogs who would have had that kind of money spent on them were in the movies. Today, I wouldn't give it a second thought and would do without if that's what it took to pay the bill. Beau is family to both my husband and me. I think about that a lot - were most dogs outside dogs when you were growing up? Only poodles and Pomeranians and other small dogs were house dogs in our neighborhood back then.

Comment

I think dogs have moved into the house.  When I was growing up you took your animals to the vet once a year for rabies vaccination or if they were hit by a car.  I spend more on my animals than any other item in my spending.  I really think vets are starting to charge way too much and this may lead to people simply not being able to afford pets.  One of my dogs tore both her ACLs and could not walk.  It took 6 months to get both fixed and cost > $7k.  Hopefully these types of expenses are over.  I feel like they are family members and you do what you can.

Comment

Working...
                          X