DIY use of software analytics for financial planning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY use of software analytics for financial planning

As a consumer, has anyone tried to use any of the major software analytic products for financial planning (e.g. eMoney, MoneyTree, Naviplan, MoneyGuidePro)? Do any of them offer the product to consumers rather than professionals and are they usable for the DIYer? Rather than tie up lots of planner time with data input, what if analyses, etc., it would seem that entering the data myself and being able to tweak the analyses prn may be advantageous.

I'd like to be able to model Roth conversions, what my estate would look like, etc. based on decisions I make. Any thoughts?

https://www.investopedia.com/article...#moneyguidepro

Comment

Originally posted by markonriver View Post
      As a consumer, has anyone tried to use any of the major software analytic products for financial planning (e.g. eMoney, MoneyTree, Naviplan, MoneyGuidePro)? Do any of them offer the product to consumers rather than professionals and are they usable for the DIYer? Rather than tie up lots of planner time with data input, what if analyses, etc., it would seem that entering the data myself and being able to tweak the analyses prn may be advantageous.

I'd like to be able to model Roth conversions, what my estate would look like, etc. based on decisions I make. Any thoughts?
      I haven't seen any major software programs able to do Roth conversions with any level of sophistication. I'd be curious to know whether someone found good software that is able to do that. Even advisor versions in most cases don't have this option, from what I've been told.
      Kon Litovsky, Principal, Litovsky Asset Management | [email protected] | 401k and Cash Balance plans for solo and group practices, fixed/flat fee, no AUM fees

Comment

Working...
      X