Does anyone have their advisor only manage a portion of their portfolio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have their advisor only manage a portion of their portfolio

For example I have a portfolio of Muni Bonds and CDS worth about 40% of portfolio that does not need any management as they are their till maturity of if called

The question is...do you even need an advisor for the other 60%?

Comment

Just curious to see if any advisors would take me as a client
      I do not need an advisor as most are grossly over compensated
      the best I found is APTUS that charges 3k to set up and 125/month with the goal to get you to DIY investing

Comment

Originally posted by Kennyt7 View Post
        the best I found is APTUS that charges 3k to set up and 125/month with the goal to get you to DIY investing
        Why do you not think they'll take you as long as they get theirs? And why are you looking for an advisor when you admit that you don't need one?

Comment

Originally posted by Kennyt7 View Post
          im confused

Comment

Should start charging hourly.....

Comment

If there are some products that make it easier to use a financial advisor, then go for it.

You do not have to disclose all of your assets. Just use the advisor for something specific.

One of my siblings has laddered annuities (SPIA) and uses a financial planner as they cannot be directly purchased. All other assets she manages on her own. It works for her. (Before everyone comments on how bad annuities are for investors, remember that there are certain exceptions to everything....situation dictates)

Comment

Cannot figure out advantages of a SPIA in todays rate environment. The MATH does not work out to any gains more than 1%
                I think a 500k SPIA pays around 2250/month 20 yr certain. both spouses
                obviously you cannot lose money with a spia but over 20yrs stocks beat bonds 90% of the time

Comment

Working...
                X