Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone used David Graham, MD from FIPhysician for retirement advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Distribution phase is a bit more challenging but nothing you cannot learn
    Roth Conversions and Tax efficiency are the keys
    Michael Kitces writes about tax diversification in the distribution phase
    Most docs have large IRAS so the RMDS are what they are
    If you live in Florida you cannot gripe about paying 15-20 Federal up to around 400k AGI

Comment

David Graham, from reading some of his articles at his site, seems to be quite knowledgeable and as an advice only advisor I would not be hesitant to use him
      read his blogs

Comment

Refreshing to find someone willing to assist with the fine tuning rather than requiring I move all my holdings to their company.

Comment

The Michael Kitces website is giving me Tim and Eric flashbacks, which is a good thing. Great job.
          “. . . And the LORD spake, saying “First shalt thou take out the Holy 401k. Then shalt thou save to 20%, no more, no less. 20% shall be the number thou shalt save, and the number of the saving shall be 20%. 25% shalt thou not save, neither save thou 15%, excepting that thou then proceed to 20%. 30% is right out . . .””

Comment

Like his info! Seems like a smart critter!

Comment

Originally posted by Kennyt7 View Post
              The Distribution phase is a bit more challenging but nothing you cannot learn
              Roth Conversions and Tax efficiency are the keys
              Michael Kitces writes about tax diversification in the distribution phase
              Most docs have large IRAS so the RMDS are what they are
              If you live in Florida you cannot gripe about paying 15-20 Federal up to around 400k AGI
              If you really want to get into the weeds (including the soil composition!) this dude dives deep into the withdrawal strategies.
              https://earlyretirementnow.com/safe-...l-rate-series/

FWIW, the most difficult behavioral finance issue to come to grips with is who gets the tax benefits of of Roth conversions. You, your spouse or the kids (inherited IRA's)?
              The problem comes simply because you don't know who is passes away and how long the runway is. Emotionally, it is tough to pull the trigger and pay more taxes currently and pass on the tax free growth. Combine that with the potential of rate increases and self analysis is tough to make decisions. Much room for procrastination when dealing with potentially long time lines. Competent outside opinion like David Graham might be very useful.

Comment

He's definitely a smart guy and presents good financial information...but his writing is total garbage. Misspelled words all over the place, poor grammar seemingly every sentence. Makes it borderline unreadable.

Such a shame, because I actually like his stuff but can't make it through more than a couple paragraphs!

Comment

Looks like he raised his price to $275hr which is still well worth it to me.

Comment

Spoke with David Graham recently
                    VERY very knowledgeable and worth an hour review
                    likes the 3 fund portfolio as well as simplifying your portfolio for many good reasons
                    his website has excellent articles

Comment

Anyone here in need of an advisor in case we can no longer manage it as many many couples will experience
                      I would need a CFP an hour a month for my wife
                      Not willing to pay Vanguard 15k/yr for the same
                      Surely there are FEE ONLY advisors; 250-300/month

Comment

Working...
                      X