How do you track your porfolio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you track your porfolio?

I wanted to track my portfolio over time to determine my rate of return, etc. I have accounts spread over multiple brokerage firms (fidelity, principal, transamerica, TSP) between my wife and I, so I tried to aggregate it into an excel spreadsheet. Then I realized it's not so simple. What do you all use to track your portfolio returns? Basically, I just want to be able to figure out what my rate of return (and annualized rate of return) of my portfolio is over time, not trying to do any other high-level analysis with it. Thanks!

I use sigfig.com. You can link your accounts with it and it will autopopulate the accounts. But I just enter them by hand and adjust intermittently.

Comment

google spreadsheet

Comment

I’ve never actually calculated my returns. Whatever 75% total market, 20% total international, and 5% small cap value ends up being is what my return is ever year.

Comment

I let Vanguard do it for me. Most of my accounts are there, but they also have a feature to link accounts at other providers. But I suspect most people that care just create a spreadsheet. Here is the WCI version: https://www.whitecoatinvestor.com/po...g-spreadsheet/

Comment

Originally posted by jellowars View Post
            I wanted to track my portfolio over time to determine my rate of return, etc.
            excel.

I have accounts spread over multiple brokerage firms (fidelity, principal, transamerica, TSP) between my wife and I, so I tried to aggregate it into an excel spreadsheet.
            excellent. done.

Then I realized it's not so simple.
            .....it is.

Basically, I just want to be able to figure out what my rate of return (and annualized rate of return) of my portfolio is over time, not trying to do any other high-level analysis with it. Thanks!
            excel.

also a much deeper level of analysis....why does it matter?

Comment

I wanted to track my portfolio over time to determine my rate of return, etc. I have accounts spread over multiple brokerage firms (fidelity, principal, transamerica, TSP) between my wife and I, so I tried to aggregate it into an excel spreadsheet. Then I realized it's not so simple. What do you all use to track your portfolio returns? Basically, I just want to be able to figure out what my rate of return (and annualized rate of return) of my portfolio is over time, not trying to do any other high-level analysis with it. Thanks!
              A lot of people on this board love Excel spreadsheets or the Google version. I am not one of them. I use it just for the most basic things.

I have had Quicken since the late 1980's. I have entered pretty much every transaction ( cash, credit card, bank, stock, you name it) into it since then and it is still with me today. As I said, including every stock and mutual fund transaction. It gives out good reports.

The catch - it is not free. Used to be $50 for 3 years of downloadable quotes and bank transactions. Now $50 yearly or so, depending on the version. It is peanuts compared to what I use it for. Give it a try with the free trial and see if you like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamban View Post

A lot of people on this board love Excel spreadsheets or the Google version. I am not one of them. I use it just for the most basic things.

I have had Quicken since the late 1980's. I have entered pretty much every transaction ( cash, credit card, bank, stock, you name it) into it since then and it is still with me today. As I said, including every stock and mutual fund transaction. It gives out good reports.

The catch - it is not free. Used to be $50 for 3 years of downloadable quotes and bank transactions. Now $50 yearly or so, depending on the version. It is peanuts compared to what I use it for. Give it a try with the free trial and see if you like it.
                I’ve been using Quicken since 1992 and am also very satisfied with its usefulness and functionality. It also has access to Morningstar’s portfolio X-ray if you’d like a more in-depth idea of what your MFs and ETFs actually own.

Comment

I too have used quicken since 1992. I have a customized expense tracking report. You can customize reports in Quicken to track whatever you want. I have most of my money at Vanguard so the return it calculates is my return basically. Personal Capital also has lots of ways to look at your return.

Comment

Personal capital. Free.

Comment

Personal capital.

Password manager so all my passwords are complex. 2FA on everything.

Comment

Working...
                      X