Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

best physician job board to look at realistic job offers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best physician job board to look at realistic job offers?

Title says it all. I know sometimes places like ACR/SIR will have job offers there that seem legit... but what about places like NEJMcareercenter, or healthecareers? thanks.

1- you may want to specify your specialty
    2- in my specialty in my area, the CMGs will advertise on the "popular" job boards, as will the crappy groups. All the good/better jobs get filled by word of mouth and do not advertise online. Recruiters however will, it just takes a little sleuthing to figure out which group they are talking about.

Good luck in your presumed job search

Comment

PracticeLink ?
      Networking (word of mouth) is the best.

Comment

radworking.com also

ACR board is legit even small practices use that

Comment

Specialty? That helps us to guide you and maybe some of us our looking for colleagues...

Comment

In September, OP wrote he was a 2nd year med student...

Comment

Originally posted by Lithium View Post
              OP FYI, position openings and offers are different.
              Network
              Job Boards / Cold call
              Recruiters (some downsides)

Comment

Originally posted by ConfusedMan View Post
                Title says it all. I know sometimes places like ACR/SIR will have job offers there that seem legit... but what about places like NEJMcareercenter, or healthecareers? thanks.
                Reach out to friends/associates/mentors in radiology. Especially ones already working in a location you would be interested in.

A lot of desirable radiology jobs are filled by references and word-of-mouth. If my group has a job opening I'll ask the associates if they know anyone they would recommend. Their recommendations have worked out much better than the responses I have received by posting a job on the ACR.

Hmm maybe that's why he is confused.

Comment

No specialty in particular...any of em. And yes, I am a 2nd year and I have no particular interest currently in any specialty so am "window shopping" in a way.

Comment

No specialty in particular...any of em. And yes, I am a 2nd year and I have no particular interest currently in any specialty so am "window shopping" in a way.
                    I glanced at the ACR job posting in my area. Not sure how much you would comprehend based on the info posted there. Most of the jobs don't list salary, vacation weeks, and call frequency. Several jobs are from a hospital rad group bought out by private equity i.e. not really a private practice job. Almost never mentioned is how busy a practice is. If you see a job with a big $$ there will be a reason: undesirable location, hours, and/or high volumes.

Regardless of specialty it is important to network among your colleagues and attendings. If people like working with you and think you are a good doc it may open doors you can't foresee in the future. I'm at my current job after a resident in the same program cold-called me right after training about a job opening.

Comment

I think that post and this thread fit in with his moniker.

Comment

I've held quite a few jobs over the years that have come to me through various different sources.
                        One bit of advice I'd give is for you to create a "burner" email address and perhaps a similar "burner" telephone number (perhaps using Google Voice), that you can provide when you are required to give such info to inquire about an advert on a job board.

Once the recruiters get hold of your contact info, they will swarm upon you like flies on sh*t. Setting up these "burner" accounts will allow you to decrease the flood of junk cluttering up the inboxes you normally use.

Comment

Working...
                        X