Divorce vs Post nup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Equanimity View Post
    I've been thinking of posting an update but it took me some time to be able to do that. It was a contentious divorce and we reached a settlement right before the trial date. It took almost a year and was brutal. Before I filed for divorce, I took some time off and traveled and spent time reflecting, reading a lot about personality disorders and divorce and preparing myself for what I could be facing. Once the process started it followed the typical cycle of intense pressure to reconcile, backlash for daring to leave, drawn out divorce with multiple delays and legal motions.

There's a book In sheep's clothing: Understanding and dealing with manipulative people by George Simon and I found his blog helpful. He describes it as playing emotional slot machine and you keep investing your time and emotions hoping for a change. The best advice is to cut your losses and move on. I think this applies to toxic job/relationships/ business partnership. The sooner you leave, the better.

It was a huge loss financially but immense relief emotionally. Another lesson I learnt was Justice and law are two entirely different things and its very important to understand the difference. My original post was full of despair but I was able to complete the process with my mental health intact and I'm very grateful for that.
    Very glad to hear back from you. Your new life starts now!
    Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Working...
    X