Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the Nigerian Scammers Move to India?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the Nigerian Scammers Move to India?

I haven't seen this approach before:

Subject:

Request for funds to help me get out of poverty

Honorable Sir,

Subject: Request for FUNDS for Project

I Kindly request you to Provide me with Funds for Business

Development

PLEASE HELP ME GET OUT OF POVERTY,SINCE I DON.T HAVE A JOB AND HAVE

EXPERIENCE TO CARRY OUT THE BUSINESS AS ATTACHED SIR.

I shall need 245000 US Dollars for this Business,I shall request you

to Provide me with Funds 245000 US Dollars

Please find the required details as below,

AS PER LIBERALIZED REMITTANCE BY THE GOVERNMENT OF INDIA- SCHEME, FOR

RESIDENT INDIVIDUALS IN INDIA I AM AUTHORIZED TO GET UPTO 250000 US

DOLLARS PER FINANCIAL YEAR FROM OUTSIDE INDIA AS GIFT.

SO PLEASE SEND ME THE MONEY AS GIFT.

Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Nice. Atleast when scamming make it look legit with proper grammar/prose.

Still I bet the CTR is positive, which, incredible!

Comment

A high end GoFundMe appeal, eh!

Comment

Wow. what a deal! Maybe I'll move to India and ask WCI to pay my student loans  

Comment

I get 2-3 calls a month from scammers in India, pretending to be Microsoft mostly.

Comment

I have them as tax/IRS impersonators. Theyre pretty straightforward. Im allowed, so uh, just send it brah.

Comment

I have them as tax/IRS impersonators. Theyre pretty straightforward. Im allowed, so uh, just send it brah.

I've had both the MSFT and IRS impersonator calls.

I ignore them most of the time and they get sent straight to voicemail.

I find I tend to accidentally pick up on days where I'm already having a bad day. I've taken my frustrations out on them a few times although it is unclear if they understand the slew of 4 letter words I let fly

Comment

Click to expand…

I’ve had both the MSFT and IRS impersonator calls.

I ignore them most of the time and they get sent straight to voicemail.

I find I tend to accidentally pick up on days where I’m already having a bad day. I’ve taken my frustrations out on them a few times although it is unclear if they understand the slew of 4 letter words I let fly ?

I always pick up the first time. Then they ask for my ssn, and I proceed to start questioning them and letting on that I dont believe the for a second and then make fun of them for not knowing the basics about the "very important" nature of what theyre doing. I always try to get them to tell me who I am, ssn, etc...and then get pretty aggressive about them being frauds. They usually hang up pretty quick and I block their number. I sometimes have 9-10 blocked calls, less lately thank goodness.

Comment

Is this what the recent spam posts to your blog and forum threads were as well?

Comment

This is what you need to do!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QdPW8JrYzQ

Comment

Where's the scam?  Was some of the message cut off.  Looks like the guy is just asking for money.  He's not promising to make you rich or anything.  It's seems more like panhandling than Nigerian scam.

Comment

The new demanding approach using ALL CAPS should really scare the begeezus out of you. Besides, where's your heart? All he wants is a SMALL GIFT.
                        Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Agree with AR, this isn’t a scam. He only wants a small gift.  I say cut him some slack. Maybe he messed up the rupee conversion.

Comment

I am going to India in the spring. I will BE HAPPY TO BRING HIM THE MONEY ON YOUR BEHALF. Then I can take a charity tax deduction for making this a humanitarian trip. win win

Comment

Working...
                            X